When my wife and I first saw our house, we knew it was the perfect house for us. It had everything that we could ever want - enough bedrooms, a huge yard, a workshop, not too many square feet. It was lacking nothing! After we moved in, we realized that, while we still loved our house, it had one quirk. It had weird closet space. Every bedroom had a closet, the master bedroom had two (we convertedGreenworks 24V driver and impact driver set. Demo and construction were a great way to break these tools in, and I was really impressed with the light weight and power. From start to finish, these two wonderful tools got the job done.
Once the cabinets were out and the wall was patched, it was time to paint the landing. I then framed out the opening for the closet door, installed a bifold door, drywalled, and textured (I've never enjoyed texturing, I've found some tricks throughout the years. I'm planning on doing a tutorial blog, including some of my worst texturing jobs, sometime in the near future).Once the wall was up, it was time to add the shelves. I made it easy on myself and just used plywood sitting on 1x2s (we jazzed up the shelves by splatter painting them - a fun way to spend some time with the 8-year-old and use up some paint).
Post a Comment